Information we collect and how we collect it:
Information collected automatically: When you use My Town Fan Club LLC (“My Town Fan Club”), we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or mobile device and your activities. This information includes:
- Mobile Device ID. Your mobile device's unique ID number (e.g., IMEI).
- Geographic Location. Your mobile device's geographic location when you first register for My Town Fan Club through our mobile app.
- Device Information/Specifications. Technical information about your computer or mobile device (e.g., type of device, web browser or operating system, IP address) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information.
- Length and Extent of Usage. How long you used My Town Fan Club and which services and features you used.
- Web Beacons. “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize My Town Fan Club for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers, such as whether an email has been opened or acted upon.
- Offline Collection. We also collect information offline, where we also try to protect the privacy of your personal information. One example involves someone calling us to place an order or to ask questions. When someone calls, we will ask only for the personal information we need in order to place the order or to answer the question. When we need to store information (such as order information), we will enter it into our database through SSL encryption. (See the Data Security section above for more information). Another example involves faxes. If you fax something to us, we will act upon the fax and then either store it in a locked repository or we will shred the fax if there is no need to retain the information. There are other ways we could learn of personal information offline (for example, we suppose someone could send us a letter including some return address information), and this Policy doesn't discuss or try to predict all of those methods or uses.
Information you choose to provide:
Information We Obtain From Facebook. In order to register with My Town Fan Club, you may be asked to sign in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you are authorizing us to access certain Facebook account information, including information about you and your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other My Town Fan Club users. By allowing us to access your Facebook account, you understand that we may obtain certain information from your Facebook account, including your name, email address, birthday, work history, education history, current city, pictures stored on Facebook, and the names, profile pictures, relationship status, and current cities of your Facebook friends. We only obtain information from your Facebook account that you specifically authorize and grant us permission to obtain.
Information You Provide Directly to Us. In addition, when you register with My Town Fan Club, you must provide certain information, including your email address, mobile phone number, and zip code. You may provide additional information about yourself (such as your occupation, current city, etc.) in order to build your My Town Fan Club profile. Any information that you provide in the non-personal identifiable section of your profile will be viewable by others using the Service.
Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Service or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address, and credit card number. In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and our site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we use the personal information to contact you.
Emails: We require an email address from you when you register with My Town. We use your email for both “administrative” (e.g., confirming your registration) and “promotional” (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mails, including whether the e-mail was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time via the opt-out links provided in such communications, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. However, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to My Town Fan Club such as service announcements, security alerts, update notices, or other administrative messages) without affording you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications.
Online Survey Data: We may periodically conduct voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of My Town Fan Club. We do not link the survey responses to your name or email address, and all responses are anonymous.
How we use the information
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about My Town Fan Club and related offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities; and
- provide, maintain, and improve My Town Fan Club and our overall business;
- process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve our Site’s content and layout, to improve our outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you);
- assist you in buying products and provide customer service to you by providing your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers.
Sharing Your Information
The information we collect is used to improve the content and the quality of My Town Fan Club, and without your consent we will not otherwise share your personal information to/with any other party(s) for commercial purposes, except: (a) to provide My Town Fan Club, (b) when we have your permission, or (c) or under the following instances:
Service Providers. We may share your information with our third-party service providers that support various aspects of our business operations (e.g., analytics providers, security and technology providers, and payment processors).
Legal Disclosures and Business Transfers. We may disclose any information without notice or consent from you: (a) in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; (b) to investigate or report illegal activity; or (c) to enforce our rights or defend claims. We may also transfer your information to another company in connection with a merger, corporate restructuring, sale of any or all of our assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
Aggregate Data. We may combine non-PII we collect with additional non-PII collected from other sources for our blog. We also may share aggregated, non-PII with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis
Sharing Your Facebook Information. Your Facebook friends’ names and one profile picture can be shared with your My Town Fan Club account.
Updating or Removing Account Information
You may review or edit your profile as you wish, by logging into your My Town Fan Club account using the information supplied during the registration process. If you would like to have us delete your account information, we may do so if you email us at email@example.com.
Third Party Sites
My Town Fan Club may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
We do not target or allow persons under the minimum age of eligibility age to use My Town, and we do not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of the minimum age. “Minimum Age” means (a) 18 years old for the People's Republic of China, (b) 16 years old for the Netherlands, (c) 14 years old for the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia and South Korea, and (d) 13 years old for all other countries. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for the Company to lawfully provide the Services to you (including the collection, storage and use of your information) then the Minimum Age is such older age. The Services are not for use by anyone under the Minimum Age. By registering to the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least our Minimum Age.
If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child has provided us with information without your consent, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will promptly delete such information from our files.
Securing Your Personal Information
We endeavor to safeguard personal information to ensure that information is kept private. However, please be aware that unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, the inherent insecurity of the Internet and other factors, may compromise the security of your personal information at any time. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Using My Town Fan Club from outside the United States
How to contact us